Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend the Stephen Lawrence memorial in London

kensington palace has issued a statement after a report that the bride’s father has pulled out from the wedding
The Palace is asking for “understanding and respect” for Meghan Markle’s dad, Thomas Markle, following a report said he would not be attending the royal marriage of his daughter and Prince Harry.

“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle from the days before her wedding,” a palace spokesperson said. “She and Prince Harry ask again for respect and understanding to be expanded to Mr. Markle in this challenging situation.”

The palace’s statement is likely a reference to some current TMZ report claiming that the “Suits” celebrity’s father suffered a heart attack and has decided not to attend the royal wedding (the palace did not confirm that report), and he staged paparazzi photos

The photographs in question happen to be circulating last week and show Markle’s father reading a British background book in a coffee shop, browsing stories about the few on the internet and receiving his dimensions taken.

Markle and the prince are set to tie the knot at a much-anticipated wedding at Windsor Castle on May 19.

At a previous announcement, the palace stated that “Markle is delighted to have her parents by her side with this significant and happy occasion,” and that her father would walk her down the aisle. Markle’s father and mother, Doria Ragland, divorced when she was a kid. They were to meet with the royal household this week.